Sunday, April 12, 2009

Question concerning Azalea shrubs.?

I have some old Azalea in my yard that were beautiful when we moved in 6 years ago. Then last summer one by one they started to die off. Usually a branch will die here and there on the shrub. The branch will have very small leaves on it and then it will just die out. I sprinkle Siven (sp) Dust on them once a month for the past 2 years after I had an attack of lacebugs.


I don%26#039;t have moles or volves in my yard so I am not for sure what is going on. One very large Azalea that I pulled out and threw back in the woods actually had flowers on it after it sat in the woods on top of the soil. So there is still life in them. I scatch the branches with my nail and it%26#039;s green under the bark just no leaves. Can anyone help me out on this. I have over 75 Azaleas in my gardens and I don%26#039;t want to loose them. Thank you for any help you all can provide to me on this issue.

Question concerning Azalea shrubs.?
I can only dream about growing these plants outside, so I went to the Clemson Univ site for this info:





http://hgic.clemson.edu/factsheets/HGIC1...





If you still have questions, contact your Cooperative Extension Service for your state and county and talk either with the horticulture agent or the Master Gardeners. They live near you and will know more about azalea culture.
Reply:They like acidic soil.



dry skin care

No comments:

Post a Comment